CEO Dana Communications and Coordinator CAYE East Africa Network
Nancy Amunga is an astute entrepreneur from Kenya who runs Dana courier services. Her company does last mile delivery especially to people who buy online and also offers storage facility to small businesses who don’t have physical shops.
She has won several international accolades for her business and also for the work she does with fellow youth. Nancy is an awardee of the Commonwealth Young entrepreneur of the year 2018 which she was awarded during the Commonwealth heads of Government meeting in London, she is also the youngest honoree of the African Achievers Awards- social impact category which she received at the House of commons, UK in July 2018.
In 2018 was part of the Commonwealth Youth Forum policy making team which coincided with the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in London 2018 and co-facilitated some sessions. This led her to be invited to a round table with Prince William where she told her story and what she is doing with the young entrepreneurs back home and got her a chance to receive an invite to attend Queen Elizabeth the second 92nd birthday.
Nancy has had the opportunity to attend a training with Mr. Jack Ma at the Alibaba Business school in Hangzhou, China. She was also among the 32 women in Kenya who were successfully interviewed by UNCTAD-EMPRETEC women in business training.
Nancy has successfully represented both women and the youth at United Nations meetings, and during the World Investment forum at the United Nations headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland she hosted the first lady of Botswana Ms. Neo Masisi for the youth forum.
During the Africa E-Commerce week, she played a big role in the representation of the women in the E-Commerce space where she sat in panels to speak of the same.
She is the coordinator of the Commonwealth Alliance for young Entrepreneurs- East Africa (CAYE-E. A). Her main aim is to give an opportunity to budding entrepreneurs and share her experience from her five years entrepreneurship journey and this she does through the Sprout Agenda umbrella, an initiative that she formed back in 2016 for the same.
AWARDS AND RECOGNTIONS
- Young woman entrepreneur of the year during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London 2018.
- Honoree Africa’s Achievers Awards (House of Commons-London)
- Nancy is an awardee of top 25 under 25 entrepreneurs in Kenya (2015)
- Alibaba Business School Fellow
- Dedication and Excellence certificate from the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industries (KNCCI)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND NETWORKS
- Member, American Reference Centre
- Member, Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
- Member, Commonwealth Youth Networks.
- Kenya Correspondents’ Association
- Youth member, The Kenya Red Cross
- Communications Authority of Kenya